Vision & Mission
Make dryland countries food secure and contribute to stability and peace in the world.
Work with local, regional, and international partners to identify, disseminate, and implement solutions for agricultural, water, and energy challenges of dryland countries.
In order to achieve our vision and mission GDA will:
- Engage in joint research and technological innovation relevant to the Alliance members’ agricultural, water, and energy use needs;
- Implement food security research and development programs through directed funding provided to existing international and multilateral organizations;
- Improve members’ food security policies and planning;
- Facilitate the cooperative participation of its members in international and multilateral food security related efforts; and
- Share the benefits of new research and technological innovation with the least developed dryland countries in the interest of reducing hunger and poverty.